Why study World Religions? To equip our students by teaching them the background and the basic tenants of other religions. With the Bible as our guide, testifying to Jesus as Lord, this knowledge helps students be clear in the historical and doctrinal differences of other faiths. When I was visiting college campuses, I was surprised by all the advertisements and activities that students could participate in. I wanted my students to be informed so they could be wise in understanding.
Also, we are blessed to live in a land where we are free to express our religion. People of different faiths are our neighbors. Just like my faith is the lens through which I view life, I expect theirs is too. What better way to understand and connect with my neighbor than to understand their worldview.
The blending and confusion promoted on college campuses was the imputes to offer this course during my time as a teacher at a homeschool co-op. I hope you will be blessed by these efforts! Many have used this study with their own family, as a summer group course for middle and high school-age students, and in co-op settings.
World Religions Course Guide plus DSST prep
This 100+ page High School Course-for-Credit Guide is specifically designed to prepare students to earn college credit while engaging them in an age-appropriate study of today’s major world religions. This study can be completed in one-semester and is an excellent course for students in 7th grade and up. Parent involvement is encouraged with minimal preparation time required. Both authors have enjoyed teaching this course to several 7-12th grade groups, culminating with students passing the Introduction to World Religions DSST exam. Why a World Religions Course Guide? While this subject can be studied in college, it truly is a great study for all students to engage in before launching. The difficulty is the lack of interesting and age-appropriate study material. We decided to solve that. We hope you enjoy learning with your students! Sample Chapter
- One Semester (12-16 weeks) plus DSST® exam prep
- For Grades 7-12
- Designed to prepare students to earn both high school and college credit
- Written from a Biblical Worldview
- Written to the student requiring minimal parent/educator prep time
- Review questions included, specifically designed to help students prepare for the DSST® exam
- Suggested companion text is very affordable The Kingfisher Book of Religions ISBN 978-0753451991
- Links to interesting and relevant online videos and movie suggestions to enhance learning and appeal to visual and audio learners
- Quality print and spiral bound